I always knew that going into the woods would take its toll on the car, but i didn’t quite expect it to be this bad….
During the christmas / new year break i spent many hours in post WRGB and pre Brands Hatch Stages prep work doing :-
– Oil & Filter change
– Removing a LOT of mud from the car (even after a through jet washing) – over 6kgs of mud
– Replacing the OSF wishbone, as the bottom ball joint was loose, this was seam welded before fitting
– Replaced both rear ARB drop links (ruined by the gravel)
– Rust proofed and painted most of the underside of the car, rear axle, wheel arches etc… over 7 cans of paint went on the car!
– Full bolt check, adding anti vibration washers to a number of bolts which came loose on WRGB
– Cleaned and washed air filter
– Made, fitted and wired up new corner pod lights
– Cleaned and generally cleared up the car
– Removed the rear bumper brace, another 1.2kgs removed
– Remove WRGB Stickers
– Remove road rally tools / spares
– Sort wheels & tyres