In between losing some wisdom (one tooth’s worth…) a lot of jobs have been finished off on the Micra.
- Filled the cooling system
- Fitted the dizzy and HT Leads
- Fitted the newly reinforced sump-guard, which took a LOT of fiddling to get fitted where the chassis mounts are now a little ‘well used’
- Fitted the sump-guard side splash guards
- Mounted the bumper back, and sorted the OSF wheel arch liner
- Adjusted and improved the new washer system, with a second pump and one-way valve
- Replaced the OS driveshaft which had a split inner gaiter, and topped up the gearbox oil
- Fitted the airbox, and finished tidying up the new headlight wiring and testing this.
- Checked rear brake adjustment and bearings
- Full bolt check, found one major gearbox mount bolt loose!
- Changed oil and filter
The car is now almost ready for some test drives, jobs left to do before the WRGB Media day
- Fit new mud flaps and mounts
- Sort stickers, sunstrip and polish car
- Test run and bleed cooling system
- Paint wheel arches white
- Rain-x car
- Check new hub nuts dont move under use
- Fit rear wheel scrappers
- Check tracking
One other job to be done, are to sort out the last few tyres for WRGB, which I will hopefully be collecting this week and getting fitted at The Rover Centre