With two events planned in two weekends, it meant a reasonable amount of work to be done in preparation after the Bath Festival at the weekend.
First up will be a morning only Autosolo at Bovingdon, and then a week later a return to Hullavington airfield for a sprint.
This was one of my favorite events in 2015 so I am looking forward to this one. The last time I was out at Bovingdon I collected rather a lot of cones, so I will be looking to not repeat that this time….
Work done included :-
- Painted pretty much the whole of the underside of the car, in the uneven battle to try and keep the rust at bay.
- Repaired the nearside front wheel arch liner which was hanging down, some clever work with some tek bolts and this is now back where it should be and hopefully protecting the wiring loom which lives above this.
- Repaired the offside front mud flap, which was hanging loose and removed some of it, all to help keep the weight down.
- Lower the suspension back to Tarmac settings
- Fitted tyres ready for the autosolo
- Changed engine oil & filter
- Bled front brakes
- Full bolt check
- Welded up nearside front wishbone bracing